Callaway Residents Concerned About Safety of Traffic in Their Neighborhood

admin

Image result for Callaway Residents Concerned About Safety of Traffic in Their Neighborhood

CALLAWAY, Fla. - Everyone wants to feel safe in their own home, but some Callaway locals are concerned about the traffic in their area.

Residents are concerned about the 4-way stop at the intersection of North Comet Avenue and Lois Street.

They say that motorists aren't observing the posted 25 mile per hour speed limit and rolling through the stop signs if they stop at all.

News 13 spoke to homeowners and they say they're concerned for the safety of the neighborhood because of young children who like to play outside and older residents who are hard of hearing and might not hear oncoming traffic.

"It's not only my children that live here. I have a neighbor on the other side of the 4-way stop that have children and I have neighbors across the street from me that have children. All of these kids like to come out and play in the afternoon and I would like for all the kids to be safe on this street," said Jennifer Windsor, one of the concerned residents.

Windsor has contacted the City of Callaway and their response was they could add an additional stop sign on Comet Avenue, but she questions how effective additional stop signs would be and would prefer to have a speed bump placed on each side of the 4-way stop.

DO YOU NEED KRAMER TO VOICE SOMETHING FOR YOU?

jPrV56G.png

Kramer is now on FIVERR, exclusively. Do you do a podcast? Do you need a commercial? Do you need asweeper?

Well, we're back on Fiverr after requests over the last many months.

It's CHEAP!

CLICK HERE!

VNINDnp.png

jKiXrmr.png

dfuXHeV.png

Edited  by admin