Sign in to follow this  
admin

Thousands Still Homeless in Bay Co. and FEMA Trailers Nowhere to be Found

Image result for where is fema

BAY COUNTY, Fla. - Nearly every day since Hurricane Michael hit our area, people have been asking "when is FEMA going to help?"

A lot of those people had homes destroyed and want the federal agency to provide trailers. Bay County officials are now asking the same questions.

It's difficult for anyone to recover without a roof over their head. FEMA has the ability to deliver trailers to serve as shelters for thousands of Bay County people left homeless. A FEMA spokesperson told News 13 when the trailers arrive is up to the county. Bay County officials said they've already made the request for trailers.  

"We've been having daily if not hourly conversations about how can we get these trailers on the ground now," said Assistant Bay County Manager Joel Schubert.

Schubert said they've submitted the need to FEMA on October 23rd, about a week ago, and they're looking for help outside of FEMA as well. FEMA then sent the county a request for proposal Monday. The federal government requires RFP's to find manufacturers for the trailers.

"It's a period of several days to a week, two weeks max, we don't know where it's advertised to give contractors an opportunity to respond. from there, the contractors can produce these and they start rolling in," said Schubert.

The county already established land for the trailers and also changed the county code to allow trailers on people's private land.

"While it's FEMA's process, we want to certainly be as great of a partner as possible and do everything we can to expedite this process," said Schubert.

Schubert said the county understands the need for trailers. He said that's good news, meaning that the ball is finally rolling.

"We're doing everything we possibly can to make it days and weeks and not months, because we know what the need is," said Schubert.

FEMA representatives declined our request for an interview, saying only that they don't have any information to give us.

Guest Ashley

I've been denied because of more then one family under the same roof who filed FEMA because we were not related we couldn't file together now we were also told we couldn't live in our home because of the mold and damages we need help lost my job do to storm and disaster assistance unemployment offered 100$ a week that covers not bills WTH is up with FEMA there not here for us we are all alone if you don't own then your not getting help not even us who had a rent to own contact

Guest Russ

Yeah ABC, it's important you get the credit at a time when folks need housing...and possibly a television.

On 10/30/2018 at 5:52 PM, Guest ABC said:
Source: whois.arin.net
IP Address: 72.249.103.183
Name: COLO4-BLK2
Handle: NET-72-249-0-0-1
Registration Date: 8/25/06
Range: 72.249.0.0-72.249.191.255
Org: TierPoint, LLC
Org Handle: TL-801
Address: 12444 Powerscourt Drive Suite 450
City: St. Louis
State/Province: MO
Postal Code: 63131
Name Servers:

Guest dtDUBZ
11 hours ago, admin said:

We have a partnership with Channel 13 dick nose. Stop trying to act like you know what choo be talking about. Same old story with you.

Well put! 

Guest Gregm
14 hours ago, admin said:
Source: whois.arin.net
IP Address: 72.249.103.183
Name: COLO4-BLK2
Handle: NET-72-249-0-0-1
Registration Date: 8/25/06
Range: 72.249.0.0-72.249.191.255
Org: TierPoint, LLC
Org Handle: TL-801
Address: 12444 Powerscourt Drive Suite 450
City: St. Louis
State/Province: MO
Postal Code: 63131
Name Servers:

That's how you do it!

Guest MLM

The county sent a request only 8 days ago. Maybe ask the county why they didn't request it earlier.

Guest Pam wagoner

Call 1-800 -621-3362 

or go to nearest recovery center trust me they are there..

Guest Pam wagoner

Fema.gov

800-621-3362

call be patient they will ask , address, social , insurance and have a bill with your name . As in utility, gas , cable.

Guest Mary Hodges

White House number is 202-456-1111.  It worked when flooded with calls about family separation at the border.

Guest RipVelcro

https://www.gofundme.com/hhjmcw-hurricane-relief-assistance?fbclid=IwAR2vBXPv4CI2UB2-B5GQEdYJOyqWc3SWwKbuM668HU_RpuZcFun6dmnBKf0

Guest KramersGunt
On 11/1/2018 at 6:01 AM, admin said:

We have a partnership with Channel 13 dick nose. Stop trying to act like you know what choo be talking about. Same old story with you.

Actually before you even had a partnership you were plagerizing stories. Also you've ripped off from the news herald and wjhg without citing sources

Guest Plenty of room

Really sad to see the old airport has plenty of land and yet know one has mentioned it. Put up Those TRAILERS THERE T THAT IS PLENTY OF ROOM.  THEY CAN EVEN PUT NEIGHBORHOODS TOGETHER in section to kept everyone calm.

PLENTY OF ROOM 

8 hours ago, Guest Plenty of room said:

Really sad to see the old airport has plenty of land and yet know one has mentioned it. Put up Those TRAILERS THERE T THAT IS PLENTY OF ROOM.  THEY CAN EVEN PUT NEIGHBORHOODS TOGETHER in section to kept everyone calm.

PLENTY OF ROOM 

Agreed. We have plenty of room all over the place for the outside linemen and other workers. Why can we not pull something together for the people who LIVE HERE AND WHO PAY TAXES HERE???

On 11/1/2018 at 7:01 AM, admin said:

*snikker*  Spoken like a true smartarse.  ;)

• Like 1

Guest FEMA Trailers

FEMA used to store hundreds and hundreds of FEMA trailers specifically for use in and after emergencies like this. Then, starting with Katrina, they were BLASTED by the news media and by ungrateful recipients of the trailers. “They’re too small”; “they’re noisy”; “they stink”; and on and on. Instead of being grateful for emergency shelter, people just bellyached that the trailers weren’t good enough and the news media picked up the drumbeat of complaints. After their constituents whined long enough, both houses of Congress threatened to cut FEMA’s funding because they weren’t making people happy. Consequently, FEMA stopped wholesale storage of pre-built trailers and now has to contract for trailers to be built to meet emergency needs. That is a SLOW process because they still have to abide by Government rules for contracting. For those looking but not finding FEMA trailers, blame your fellow citizens and elected representatives, not FEMA. FEMA is doing the best it can but they already KNOW no one will be ever be satisfied.

Guest Homless, need help

We are homeless! Me and my children have nowherr to go. Lifeless! I applied for FEMA and was declined because the inspector incorrectly import my information. I losted my vehicle and home. Please, help Lynn Haven and Panama city florida. 706 sparrow street, Lynn haven city 32444..8506259148

Guest Alford

I'm living in a tent in what's left of my living room. We have just one exterior wall left, some studs in others, a partial roof, but I do have a floor. FEMA said we can put new walls up and new roof but now it's condemned so they're tearing it down.. because FEMA said we could build walls and roof we were denied temporary shelter or rent..we owned it outright. No insurance coverage for this..why are people like us being denied and sleeping still sleeping in a tent..we need help.

Guest Alford

Feel free to drive through our area.. people need help. Parker Florida near Tyndall bridge

Guest Mishca

Guest Alford, 

I dont have housing but I have food, necessities, blankets and I'll be back in your area on Monday. I'm in a white Ford pickup. My name is Mishca. Give me a street and I will come to you and your neighbors.  It's Its not much but I hope it helps.  

Guest pastorbobby

It's not up to FEMA...the way it works is the governor of the state declares a state of emergency and requests aid and relief from FEMA that can only be authorized by POTUS...since Trump doesn't like California, don't expect any immediate response from that quarter. -- FEMA Institute grad.

So Trump doesn't like California so he isn't going to help victims of wildfires . . .

Are you the man who's making money off the storm by going on the news and acting like you were doing something so good for people and now you're just so out? Are you the man who got threatened out of Tennessee? (By the KKK supposedly?)