Moonves

admin

CBS Boss Les Moonves Admits to Making "Advances" Toward Women Years Ago

HIGHLIGHTS:  Longtime CBS head LES MOONVES has been accused of sexual misconduct by several women from the 1980s through the late 2000s.  Les admits to making advances, but claims he always took no for an answer.

FULL STORY:  LES MOONVES, the longtime boss at CBS, has been called out for alleged sexual misconduct against several women between the '80s and the late 2000s.

In addition to being the head of CBS, Moonves is also married to JULIE CHEN from "Big Brother" and "The Talk".  They got hitched in 2004.

The story was broken by RONAN FARROW, who spoke with six of the alleged victims.  He said, quote, "Four described forcible touching or kissing during business meetings, in what they said appeared to be a practiced routine.

"Two told me that Moonves physically intimidated them or threatened to derail their careers.  All said that he became cold or hostile after they rejected his advances and that they believed their careers suffered as a result."

Farrow also spoke to dozens of current and former CBS employees who claim to have known about Moonves' behavior.

(Farrow also helped bring down Harvey Weinstein.  He's Woody Allen's son . . . but he's not really proud of that.)

One of those women was ILLEANA DOUGLAS, whom you may remember from "Ghost World", "To Die For", "Goodfellas", and tons of other movies and TV shows.  (Here's her story.  She claims it happened in 1996.)

Moonves actually acknowledged at least SOME of this.  He said, quote, "I recognize that there were times decades ago when I may have made some women uncomfortable by making advances.

"Those were mistakes, and I regret them immensely.  But I always understood and respected . . . and abided by the principle . . . that 'no' means 'no,' and I have never misused my position to harm or hinder anyone's career."

Julie issued a statement of her own, saying, quote, "I fully support my husband and stand behind him and his statement."

Moonves also received support from SHARON OSBOURNE from "The Talk", and '70s "Wonder Woman" star LYNDA CARTER.

CBS is investigating the women's claims.  "The Talk" is supposed to be live today, for the first time since the scandal broke.  It'll be interesting to see what happens.