Sign in to follow this  
Kramer

Wednesday's show is about suicide. DO YOU HAVE A STORY? We want to talk to you!!

suicide.jpg

I'm Kramer. I do the morning show on NEWS TALK AT 101. Some of you may know me from 97X, Panama City's Rock Station, but yes, I do the morning how on our Sister station 101.1.

On Wednesday, I'm doing an entire show on suicide.

Suicide is the NINTH (9th) leading cause of death in the United States.

Every single day, 110 people take their own life.

Recently, Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain killed themselves.

Others who were famous include Chester Bennington, Kurt Cobain, Chris Cornell, Earnest Hemmingway, Robin Williams, Richard Jeni, etc. etc.

We need to come together, find out why more and more people are doing this , and try to help.

If you have a story that you think people need to hear, and you'd be willing to come on the show Wednesday, please reach out to me at kramer@newstalk101.com - and make sure you include your phone number. We'll set up a time for you to be on.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Kramer

• Like 1

Dude first off you keep nailing the topics.

My brother killed himself. He'd been long depressed and finally did it. I hear the pop when I was 16. My Dad has never recovered from it. I will sen you an email.

• Sad 1

Kramer. If you like I give you permission to talk about my Story on air and you may attache my name. The picture is all my books filled with writing to help me escape.

(My Story Of Self Harm)

I started cutting on myself when I was 10 years old...When I say cut I mean I cut so deep I had to get stitches everytime or I would use super glue to seal the cut...Putting on clothes and taking showers became a challenge for me...I became use to the pain...The depression I was feeling was so over whelming that I welcomed the pain...What was it that was wrong in my life I started to cut on myself at 10 years old...I soon became a master at hiding my bandages from my friends and family...No one knew I cut on myself...Words that made me the most upset was if I heard someone say about cutters..."oh they just do it for attention"...How is it that I did it for attention when No One Knew what I was doing to myself...3 years later I hung myself and my father walked in my room as I hang there motionless...he cut me down and gave me mouth to mouth...that still hurts me to think about that moment...The fact that somewhere in the back of my fathers memories he has this memory of seeing his youngest son hanging there not knowing if I'm coming back...That was the day my family found out what I was doing to myself...After that day I felt I no longer had to hide what I was doing to myself...Id cut so bad where the bathroom was covered in blood and I would just walk out to my parents and asked for help...At times I would cut and not bandage the wound where I would feel dizzy from blood lose...Cutting on myself never stopped...When I was 23 years old I went to a persons house when he wasn't home...Filled the tub up with ice and took a handful of Xanax to OD...I did this hoping when he got home he would just wrap my body in a rug and dump it on the side of the road...He got home and seen me in the tub and decides to jam a adrenaline shot into my heart...That same year I Hung myself again and still don't understand how I ended up on the floor with the rope not around my neck when I woke Up...When I was 24 years old I put a pistol in my mouth...pulled the trigger...nothing happens...ejected the round and you could see the hammer mark on the Round...I still don't understand how...I carried that bullet with me for a long time...Then at 26 years old I meet my Girlfriend who knows my history...I have a tattoo on my left forearm saying "My Pain Is Visible" with a razor blade saying "My True ?" cutting into one of my scars....On my right wrist I have a tattoo that says "Be Happy" with a big scar running up and down my wrist...My History is no secret and I don't hide it...At first she didn't talk about me hurting myself till later in our relationship...She asked me to make her a Promise that I would never hurt myself again...I told her good luck on that one...Through out the years my friends and family tried to have me make the same promise...No one ever got that promise out of me...Few months go by...Her and I become closer...More committed in our relationship...She asked me again but this time she tells me if I ever hurt myself again she would leave...For me hurting myself would hurt her as well...That hit hard with me...I never had to care about anyone but myself and I didn't care about myself that much at all...With her telling me that I had to make that unbreakable Promise to her that I Would Never Again Hurt Myself...That's a promise I will never break for I made it to her...My Future.

20180616_094314_Film2.jpg

• Sad 1

Thank you all who read my story. I'm ok now. I found my Light out of the darkness and am doing so much better. Turning 29 this July..so haven't hurt myself in 3 years.

• Like 1

Guest Anon

So I've had a void pretty much my whole life since I was 11, when my parents divorced. I was a bad separation and all that, my dad even tried to shove that I was depressed like him and have pills shoved down my throat, don't get me wrong, prescriptions can help some people especially if is the right stuff. I refused to take anything and went on with my normal teenage life and ever so often I'd have a cycle of down in the dumps and being fine. Well I never opened up to anybody and always had this feeling of me against the world, after I turned 18 I turned to alcohol and sex to feel that previously mentioned void, which just left me feeling more empty afterwards. I've always tried to help those I saw as broken and never really admitted to being broken myself. I met this girl and she was something else, literally crazy and intriguing. I wanted to fix her, but in the process I put myself over the edge and couldn't handle the rejection of life, not just her but everything and everybody. Seemed like I couldn't amount to anything, so I decided it was time to end the suffering and turned to the bottle again. I had this mix drink I made, consisted of 7 different liquors, I had to glasses of that and about 16 shots of whiskey straight and idk what else. I never could cut myself and for some reason I thought that it wouldn't be nice to leave a mess for someone else to clean up, so I decided drowning myself was the only way to go. Idk how long I was under but I saw this vision of this woman, a Greek goddess is what she looked like, out in space in a flowing gown and reaching out to me. She looked similar to this girl I was "seeing" but had blue eyes and blond hair, unlike the girl I was seeing. She reached out to me and this deep voice told me it wasn't my time. Idk how I managed to pull the plug but I did. I saw a doctor the next day and she told me I should've been dead from alcohol poisoning alone, I've been on and off anti-depressants but the best thing that has helped me is open up and talk about how I feel. I think that is the problem with society today, we can find our own constructive (or destructive) ways of coping with the "imaginary" problem or our demons, but we are either too afraid of what people may think of us or too afraid to just open up and that's what really helps. When you feel like staying home and doing nothing get up and go out and socialize. You may think, "eh you really didn't stay under that long," but I know I had no will to live and I didn't pull that plug withe out something guiding me. PS I have a daughter who is blond haired and blue eyed.  

What I can give you is the number of Calls for Service we have received at the Bay County Sheriff's Office involving Threatened Suicides, Attempted Suicides, and Suicides Completed.

2016    66 Attempted Suicides; 11 Suicides, Completed; and 323 Threatened Suicides.

2017    103 Attempted Suicides; 15 Suicides, Completed; and 328 Threatened Suicides

2018    (to date)  44 Attempted Suicide; 2 Suicides, Completed; and 153 Threatened Suicides