Forgot your password?
admin, April 15 in News Talk @ 101 Discussion
SOME of US President Donald Trump’s most outspoken supporters have turned on him over his decision to launch air strikes against Syria.
The most explosive outburst came from Infowars founder Alex Jones, a former libertarian Ron Paul supporter, who broke down in tears during a profanity-ridden rant about the strikes. The incident was livestreamed prior to Jones’ live show on YouTube.
Jones’ voice started to break as he read headlines about Syria from the Drudge Report.
“I just feel like I just had my best girlfriend break up with me,” Jones said.
“The left will make jokes but this ain’t funny, man.
“He was doing good and that’s what makes it so bad. If he’d been a piece of crap from the beginning it wouldn’t be so bad.” At this point, Jones appears to be openly crying.
“Damn it man. Is no one pure in this God damn world?” Jones said.
“We had an emergency f***ing 36 hour broadcast trying to stop this s*** that could lead to WWIII and you liberal pieces of f s**t ... you support this.
“You f***ing god damn degenerate f**ks.
“I shouldn't be on air right now. When ... are we going live? F*** Trump.”
Among the others who once sang Mr Trump’s praises but appear to have now hung up their pompoms were Fox News hosts Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham.
“I guess it feels good because there are horrible things happening there,” Ms Ingraham said on the program.
“But what do we really accomplish here tonight in Syria? This is not why Donald Trump got elected.”
Michael Savage, a popular conservative radio talk show personality, livestreamed himself at dinner blasting the president, saying that America had become “a nation of idiots” in the wake of the attack, according to the Daily Beast.
“My opinion is that this is the greatest disaster of the Trump presidency,” Savage said while pointing the camera at a plate of beans.
The avalanche of condemnation from former Trump advocates came after the US, Britain and France opted to strike Syria for its apparent use of chemical weapons without waiting for a report from UN inspectors because they were convinced that the Assad government had used chlorine and sarin nerve gas against a rebel-held Damascus suburb, American officials said Saturday.
A US air force B-1 Bomber separates from the boom pod after receiving fuel from an Air Force KC-135 Stratotanker on April 13, 2018, en route to strike chemical weapons targets in Syria. Picture: Department of Defense via AP.Source:AP
Activists protest against the recent strikes on Syria in front of the US embassy in Santiago, on April 14, 2018. Picture: AFP / Martin BernettiSource:AFP
The allies also acted because of concerns that Russian and Syrian forces may already have tried to clean up important evidence in Douma, where more than 40 people died in last weekend’s attack, the officials said.
The three countries launched their missiles even as the fact-finding team from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons was in the Syrian capital and had been expected to head on Saturday to Douma.
Russia and Syria have denied that chemical weapons were used at all and said their own investigators had been to the area and found no trace of them. Those assertions have been denounced as lies by Western officials. The West’s assessments of what happened April 7 in Douma rely mainly on open source information.
That includes witness testimony, as well as video and photos shot by aid workers, victims of the attacks and unspecified additional intelligence about barrel bombs and chlorine canisters found in the aftermath. Barrel bombs are large containers packed with fuel, explosives and scraps of metal, and British Prime Minister Theresa May said reports indicated the Syrian government had used one to deliver the chemicals.
A US fast-attack submarine launches a tomahawk missile on April 14, 2014, from the Mediterranean Sea as part of a U.S.-led military operation in retaliation for Syria using chemical weapons on April 7. Picture: U.S. Navy via AP.Source:AP
The White House said doctors and aid organisations on the ground in Douma reported “the strong smell of chlorine and described symptoms consistent with exposure to sarin.”
A senior administration official told reporters Saturday that while there was more publicly available evidence pointing to the use of chlorine, the US has “significant information that also points to sarin use.” The official did not elaborate on what that information entailed. Chlorine use has been a recurring footnote in the course of Syria’s civil war, but rarely has it generated the same outrage as reports of sarin use. Chlorine has legitimate industrial and other civilian uses, so it is not banned by the Chemical Weapons Convention. The treaty does, however, prohibit the use of chlorine as a weapon.
One senior US official familiar with the decision to act on Friday said the U.S., British and French intelligence services were unanimous in their assessments of the attack and were “eager” to move when they did because of concerns about contamination of the site.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to publicly discuss specifics beyond those contained in the formal statements. Despite the strikes, the chemical weapons watchdog agency said its experts would go ahead with their mission. The Russian foreign ministry, however, accused the allies of acting when they did “to hamper the work of the OPCW inspectors.”
The US has denied that assertion and called the group’s mission “essential” to a complete understanding of what chemical agents were used.
A second US official said Britain, France and the U.S. are confident that the inspectors’ eventual report will confirm their findings that chlorine was used, likely in conjunction with sarin.
US President Donald Trump addresses the nation on the situation in Syria. Picture: AFP / Mandel NganSource:AFP
The three governments noted dozens previous, smaller-scale chlorine and other chemical weapons attacks over the course of the past year, since President Donald Trump first ordered air strikes against Syria last April. Reports of major chlorine attacks began emerging in 2014, soon after Syria’s declaration of complete chemical disarmament, which was the result of an Obama administration agreement between the U.S. and Russia. The agreement only covered declared chemical weapons. Syria is widely suspected of hiding some stocks, manufacturing more as well as holding on to chlorine.
“The pictures of dead children were not fake news. They were the result of the Syrian regime’s barbaric inhumanity,” Trump’s U.N. ambassador, Nikki Haley, said Saturday. “And they were the result of the regimen and Russia’s failure to live up to their international commitments to remove all chemical weapons from Syria.
9:48 PM - Apr 13, 2018
Michael Savage @ASavageNation
ASavageNation was LIVE
385 people are talking about this
ASavageNation was LIVE
The US, France, and the UK acted after careful evaluation. ” In August 2015, the U.N. Security Council first authorised the OPCW and UN investigators to probe reports of chemical weapons use in Syria, as witnesses began to circulate increasing accounts of chlorine attacks by government forces against civilians in opposition-held areas.
A year later, the joint OPCW-U.N. panel determined the Syrian government had twice used helicopters to deploy chlorine against its opponents in civilian areas in northern Idlib province. A later report held the government responsible for a third attack.
There have been dozens of attacks with chlorine gas since then, including an attack in Aleppo in 2016 that reportedly killed a woman and two children, and at least two attacks on the town of Saraqeb in northern Syria that injured dozens.
Pasted as rich text. Paste as plain text instead
Only 75 emoji are allowed.
Your link has been automatically embedded. Display as a link instead
Your previous content has been restored. Clear editor
You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.